Got a threadripper processor and now searching for Best Motherboard For Threadripper? Then now that you are at the right place as we have researched and found out what are the best motherboard that you can get for AMD Threadripper CPU.
It always happens that we wish to have a full-proof motherboard which has a huge storage capacity. So storage is like a huge deal for every tech user out there in the world. Saving the things you have created and made, be it professionally or for other creative purposes is a very big deal.
Those saved files work like your memory. But in order to store it, you need a bigger space on your motherboard. A threadripper is one such thing that offers vast space for people who like multi-tasking. So let us find the best motherboard for threadripper range of processors.
8 Best Motherboard For Threadripper In 2020
The first one on the list is ASUS ROG Strix X399. ASUS, as we all know, is known for its technological advancement in every device, be it a laptop or a gaming monitor or even a motherboard.
We are looking for the best motherboards for thread ripper, does this motherboard have the necessary qualities which we require? Let us find out.
- This motherboard is powered by the AMD Ryzen thread ripper, which has the TR4 processors. These TR4 processors maximize the connectivity and the speed of the motherboard.
- It has a storage capacity of 128 GB of DDR4 memory which is superb
- It also has a five-way optimization feature which helps in auto-tuning and the FanXpert 4 provides us with automatic overclocking
- AIO is also present for those water-cooling headers which deliver dynamic overall cooling of the system
- It also has three patent-pending safe slots feature which allows an easy injection molding process which integrates the metal framing for the firm and strong as well as heavyweight GPUs
- It also offers an unmatched personalization with the exclusive AURA sync RGB lighting of ASUS.
- High storage capacity
- Great for heavyweight GPU’s
- Quality of the product is not good
This motherboard is superb and great for all the work you wish to do. This motherboard by Gigabyte has made its way into many lists earlier, and yet again; it has been included in the top 10 list.
This motherboard supports AMD 2nd generation Ryzen threadripper as well as the 1st generation processors. It also offers 4-way graphics support with dual armor and an ultra-durable design.
It also offers the server class digital power design with gold plated solid power connectors, which are superb and advanced features you expect from a processor.
- A smart fan 5 feature which lets you have multiple temperature sensors and hybrid fan headers
- It also has a triple ultra-fast M.2 with generation 3 and 4 interface which comes directly from the CPU
- The USB DAC has the option to adjust the voltage of the processor
- It has a precise digital USB fuse design for that stronger and secured protection you need
- Now talking about the LAN, this motherboard has 25KV ESD and 15KV surge LAN protection which is entirely one of its kind
- It also offers you easy tune as well as cloud station utilities
- Precise USB fuse design
- Tech support is not that great
Let us now move forward in the list and find out more such amazing motherboards that offer you plenty of features at a minimum cost. Next up, we have the ASRock X399 Taichi motherboard, which has the threadripper in it.
But is it actually worth it? For that, you will have to keep reading the article. Before knowing its features, I would like to tell you a little something about ASRock.
They have been creating PCs for industrial as well as entertainment purposes for a long period of time and have been excelling in their field ever since. Here is the reason why:
- This motherboard by ASRock supports AMD TR4 socket Ryzen, which is the ultimate threadripper series.
- It has an IR Digital PWM along with an 11 Power phase and Dr. MOS operating system which is Microsoft Windows 10
- It has RS2 supported in this Windows 10 motherboard
- The audio quality that it offers is superb. It has 7.1 CH HD audio with Realtek audio speakers which support high speed and wireless connections
- It also offers you different USB ports for a smooth and convenient ride
- Supports AMD TR4 threadripper series
- Audio quality keeps changing
Here we have yet another one of the ASUS motherboards on the list. This ASUS ROG Strix has a power-packed design which is totally advanced and offers you high-end features.
It has digital power control and also has an array of power stages, which ensures that gaming has the muscle and energy to control the latest and new AMD Ryzen CPUs.
There are ProCool II sockets that are built especially for tight specifications to ensure flush contact with the PSU power lines and have an ultimate metal armor for that improved heat dissipation.
- This ASUS has an AMD AM4 socket which is ready for 2nd as well as the 3rd generation AMD RYzen processors for maximum connectivity and speed with up to two M.2 drivers
- This has an Aura Sync RGB which is exclusive and includes RGB headers and is addressable for the generation 2 headers
- It also gives you comprehensive cooling. There is an active PCH heatsink as well as MOS heatsink with an 8mm Heatpipe along with a dual onboard M. heatsink
- It also gives you an additional water-pump header
- ASUS has an amazing gaming connectivity
- AMD AM4 sockets with the generation next features
- Offers comprehensive cooling
- Cooling does not work at all times
This MSI creator is a motherboard that is tailored for all your special needs of gaming. It has the 3rd generation AMD Ryzen technology threadripper processors.
This is the perfect threadripper technology that a motherboard can offer you. It keeps up with all your work demands and flows creatively with utter efficiency and style. It flows quickly as it has a lightning generation 4 10G LAN and also a Wifi 6 alternative.
- Firstly let us talk about the core boost of the motherboard. It has a premium layout that is fully digital and offers you a powerful design that supports more cores for better performance.
- 10G LAN offers you next-level speed with a safe and secured networking with the fastest data to improve the efficiency of the work
- As mentioned earlier, it also has wifi-6 with the latest and upcoming wireless solutions that support MU-MIMO as well as bss color technology, which delivers a max speed of 2400 Mbps.
- Offers a thermal power design
- Premium thermal heatsink
- Super speed upto 2400 Mbps
- Not great for gaming
This motherboard has an integrated IO shield, which builds an ultra-durable Gigabyte PC, which is easy to use and convenient.
All the Gigabyte users can expect excellent durability with the help of the durable design of this pre-installed IO shield that this motherboard has to offer.
This motherboard has an integrated, intuitive user interface with the RGB Fusion 2.0 as it provides you a better solution for customizing your lights and its effects all across the supported devices.
From a graphics card to peripheral products, you can personalize anything and everything.
- This motherboard supports 3rd as well as the 4th generation AMD Ryzen threadripper, processors
- It also has a Quad Channel with ECC and Non-ECC unbuffered DDR4 8 DIMMS which is amazing
- It has a total of 16 + 3 phases with the Infineon digital VRM solution which has the power stage of 70 A
- It also offers you triple thermal protection from fin-arrays as well as an 8 mm maga Heatpipe
- A dual intel gigabyte LAN that gives you a shorter response rate
- Supports the 3rd and 4th generation threadripper
- Gets heated up pretty quickly
Another one of ASUS motherboards on the list is ASUS Prime TRX 40. This one comes with many exciting features such as the AMD socket, which has the power to accommodate the latest 3rd generation AMD Ryzen technology threadripper series.
- It also has a robust power design which has different stages such as the ProCool II connectors with the solid pins that deliver a stable power display
- The heatsink is the solution for the heating of your motherboard. This motherboard offers you the comprehensive thermal solutions with VRM heatsink solution with fan headers
- It also offers you next-generation connectivity with USB slots as well as type- C connector which is the need of the hour
- Robust power technology
- Heat sink solutions with fan headers
- The connection is a problem at times
This motherboard has the power of falcon wings in it and has offered fast and speedy service at all times. This Aorus has taken inspiration from the wings of a falcon and designed its layouts accordingly. It has a sleek and metallic armor that is the need of all its users.
- This motherboard supports the 3rd generation AMD Ryzen threadripper processors for that ultimate perfection
- Quad-channel ECC, as well as Non-ECC, are offered with the unbuffered DDR4 8 DIMMs
- Just like the earlier Gigabyte motherboard, even this one offers 16+3 phases with 70 power stage
- Advanced thermal design for that heat sink heat pipe to keep the motherboard cool
- Advanced thermal technology design
- Connection options are less
Buying Guide For Best Motherboard For Threadripper
Here I will list a few points that you need to consider before buying a motherboard for a threadripper. They are as follows:
The Heating Capacity of every motherboard depends on its fan headers and heat sink pipes. There are heat sink pipes available in some, but others lack those. Always look for motherboards that have heat sink pipes pre-installed in them as they help in keeping your motherboard cool.
Every motherboard has many connectivity portals, such as HDMI, VGA which are necessary for multitasking purposes. If your motherboard does not have many connectivity portals, then it is better to get another one as it will restrict you from doing many tasks at one time. Many of the gamers have a habit of live streaming their games, and for this, they need multiple connectivity portals.
Do you also wish to have a motherboard that looks stylish? Then you should always opt for a motherboard that has a powerful design as it will offer you great layout ideas, which will boost your creativity at all times. Power design comes with a price, so look for an affordable motherboard while you are busy focusing on its design.
In the end, I would conclude the search to find the top ten motherboards for threadripper. As I mentioned earlier, finding the best motherboard comes with the price, so you have to look for all the necessary features which suit your requirements and needs.
Look for the basic features such as the heating capacity, the connection portals, the power design, or even the weight of the motherboard.
The price surely hampers our decision while buying a motherboard, but you should not neglect all these features as they play a very important role in the functioning of the motherboard. Now find your perfect motherboard fellow gamers!